King vs. two twinXL innerspring mattresses
Aug 11, 2009 11:06 AM
We have decided to upgrade to a king size bed, however, I really do not like the motion transfer we get with the innerspring mattress.  I cannot go with latex or other foam based mattress due to back pain, so we are stuck with innerspring.  Pocket coils are out too ( have one and it does not hold up over time).  Some posters on this forum seem to think a king size innerspring mattress will sag in the middle due to its construction.  I've never owned a king size so I'd like to hear more about if it will sag or not. 

Anyone who has used two twinXLs as a king, I would really appreciate it if you would share your experience as to how did it work out, was it comfortable for both, did you fall through the crack, and would a bridge (FBM has a foam bridge) make it feel like one mattress?  The mattress is going on top of a king sized platform bed, no box springs.  Thanks in advance.
Re: King vs. two twinXL innerspring mattresses
Reply #3 Aug 12, 2009 7:10 PM
Beddybye, do you find any motion transfer with that setup? I assume you use king-size sheets...
Reply #4 Aug 14, 2009 5:28 PM
No motion transfer. Yes, King sized sheets. NOT California King, though. Eastern King isn't always easy to find West of the Rockies. Ross store is where I usually go. Cheaper, too.

electracat wrote:
Beddybye, do you find any motion transfer with that setup? I assume you use king-size sheets...
Reply #5 Aug 14, 2009 6:15 PM
Sounds good! I'm looking to get some foam layers from FBM (5 inch core, and some toppers)...Do you think i should go with a split core---even if it's the same density/firmness--and/or split toppers to reduce motion? I just have a hard time believing it'll make a difference, squished inside a cover, but maybe it would??