Tempurpedic Split Cal-King = wrong move
Mar 10, 2010 7:18 PM
I own a Tempurpedic Allura Bed.  Purchased the dual adjustable split Cal King.

The problem is the bed has a gap in between that is very annoying.  My wife and I do not cuddle comfortably in the middle of our bed.  The bed sags in the middle as well.  My sales rep sold me on the idea of having the dual adjustable setup, and I tried to deal with it, but after a year I realized I made the wrong move.  Should have stuck with a single bed setup.

So now I need some help to solve this problem.  I just purchased a Cal King sheet set to join our beds instead of using the split fitted sheets.  I am also thinking of purchasing a mattress cover and maybe even a topper.  My goal is to make this feel like one bed. 

I was made aware of a bed bridge, might try that as the first layer, then use a mattress topper (memory foam or latex), then a good quality cotton/polyester mattress pad with elastic sides which holds the top layer nicely in place, then finally the fitted sheet.  So is this a good idea, or is it too much?  I do not want to take too much away from the bed itself, I love the current comfort, and it does not feel too hot/cool or hard/soft, just right.  Would a memory foam or latex topper be better, or neither?   

This message was modified Mar 10, 2010 by roman7
Re: Tempurpedic Split Cal-King = wrong move
Reply #2 Mar 11, 2010 6:24 PM
personally, I wouldn't both with replacing the actual mattress cover itself, they are simply too thin on their own to make it really feel like one mattress.  I doubt it will do much more than a fitted sheet above and beyond the zipper itself helping to hold the two closer together.  A california king fitted mattress pad, perhaps with a small amount of quilting and a fitted sheet might be enough to help.  if not then perhaps with the bed bridge as well.