Tempur-Pedic vs Ashley-Sleep vs iComfort?
Jul 12, 2011 7:10 PM
I believe I have it narrowed down to the Ashley-Sleep (Ashley Furniture brand) Key West model, Tempur-Pedic Cloud Supreme or AdvantageBed or the iComfort Genius.

We all know what the density of the TP foam is. The Ashley is 3 lbs. I don't know what the iComfort is. Anyone?

Of course, if you feel something else compares to 1 of the memory foam mattresses on my list above, please chime in. However, please give more info than "I love my XYZ" Include brand/model, specs, price, etc as well. I am only looking for a memory foam mattress. Please don't suggest anything else. I have tried a ton & I want memory foam.

I do have lower back & neck pain on a regular basis. My gf & I are not large people. I'm 130 lbs & she is even less. We both sleep on our sides.

The Cloud Supreme feels the most comfy, but I hate the price tag @ $3,500 (I need a king size). Also, I am wondering if it might be TOO soft to support my back.

The Ashley Key-West is $1,100 & didn't feel bad, but it didn't wow me.

The iComfort is soft enough, but I have no idea what the density is nor am I sold on it supporting my back. It's a few hundred more than the Ashley I believe.

I have not been able to find any reviews on the Ashley-Sleep models.

I'm hoping a few folks can chime in and help me decide. This is harder than shopping for a car.

I also want to buy memory foam pillows so feel free to chime in on that too, but mainly concerned w/the mattress here. So far, I like the Tempur "Symphony" pillow, but I need a queen or king size.

Re: Tempur-Pedic vs Ashley-Sleep vs iComfort?
Reply #1 Jul 12, 2011 10:46 PM
First off, I've used a Tempurpedic Symphony pillow for about 3 years and I like it quite a lot. Easily the best pillow I've ever had. Supportive and just enough give.  After 3 years, it is just the same as the day I bought it.

I actually have an iComfort Revolution being delivered to me tomorrow, and will certainly be giving feedback on it.  I don't know what density the iComfort Gel foam or Kool Komfort foam is.  The memory foam sits on a 7" support foam which is not memory foam (gotta have something more solid down there).

From everything I've felt, the Genius is the 'firmest' of all four of the iComfort mattress , Insight, Revolution and Prodigy being the others.

I'm a side sleeper too, but I go for the least amount of pressure on my shoulders as my right shoulder get a little sore from sleeping on it (old injury and had arthro surgery on it).

I found the Insight a little more plush than Genius, but not plush enough for my taste.  Genius has that layer of 'support foam' just beneath the 2 3/4" of gel memory foam, and I've found that firms up the feel noticeably.  But if you like it, that's what counts.

Revolution is the most plush of all 4 IMO.  Prodigy has an inch of latex in it which IMO makes it a bit firmer than Revolution.

Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme is nice, but $3k + , ouch!

I'll be watching the iComfort Revolution quality like a hawk.  If it has any defects I can see on delivery, I don't sign for it. I really hope I like it a lot as I'm burning up my 1 time exchange of an S&F set to get it.  I wouldn't keep the S&F plush anyway though.

Hope that helps.

This message was modified Jul 12, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #2 Jul 14, 2011 9:40 AM
iComfort reviews are pretty hard to come by at this early stage of their lifespan, but see my comments on 'icomfort request for advice' thread.

The first night went fine on mine - no neck or backaches (I don't have any to begin with), no odor, I might a been a touch warmer at some points of the night, but it was not a problem (definitely not to hot to sleep or sweaty, nothing like that).  Only time will tell how durable it is.

Reply #3 Jul 14, 2011 10:08 AM
edit
This message was modified Jul 14, 2011 by tompa

Recent Posts