Surgery On Simmons Danny Seo Latex?
Sep 3, 2010 2:19 PM
I read BillB's review the simmons Danny Seo.  Unfortunately we bought ours 2 years ago and cannot return it.  It is the Simmons New Hope Natural Care 'Latex'.  The mattress has become way too soft, and gives us severe back aches.  We hate to replace it so soon after a 2k$ investment.  So, after researching this site, I'm thinking of the cheapest way to "fix" the mattress.  One option is a topper.  I'm not sure what ILD to choose and what thickness for this option. 

Another option, is to cut the mattress open and insert a 1/4 inch plywood between the top layer and foundation layer.  I understand the top layer of latex is only 2" thick?  Is this possible?

Re: Surgery On Simmons Danny Seo Latex?
Reply #6 Sep 4, 2010 6:02 PM
Sandman, I have the same effect from my Natura wool mattress pad.  It makes the 3 inches of "medium" latex I have on top a bit firmer.  I think you are correct in that the mattress pad has tucked in cotton sides which pull tight when you lay on it.   It's fine with me since the latex was just a tad soft for me and now it's just right...haha.    That's why I think most folks prefer the Dormeir wool pad.   I believe it has stretchy knit sides and smoother stiching on top to preserve the feel of the latex.  The temperature control of either is excellent.   Just my 2 cents worth.  
Can the Color of Your Mattress Affect Your Sleep Quality?**.
Reply #7 Today 4:55 AM
Have you ever considered how the color of your mattress might influence your sleep? Some studies suggest that colors can evoke emotional responses and affect relaxation levels. Could choosing a specific color for your mattress be an overlooked factor in achieving a better night's sleep?",
"refusal