Tempur-Pedic vs Ashley-Sleep vs iComfort?
Jul 12, 2011 7:10 PM
I believe I have it narrowed down to the Ashley-Sleep (Ashley Furniture brand) Key West model, Tempur-Pedic Cloud Supreme or AdvantageBed or the iComfort Genius.

We all know what the density of the TP foam is. The Ashley is 3 lbs. I don't know what the iComfort is. Anyone?

Of course, if you feel something else compares to 1 of the memory foam mattresses on my list above, please chime in. However, please give more info than "I love my XYZ" Include brand/model, specs, price, etc as well. I am only looking for a memory foam mattress. Please don't suggest anything else. I have tried a ton & I want memory foam.

I do have lower back & neck pain on a regular basis. My gf & I are not large people. I'm 130 lbs & she is even less. We both sleep on our sides.

The Cloud Supreme feels the most comfy, but I hate the price tag @ $3,500 (I need a king size). Also, I am wondering if it might be TOO soft to support my back.

The Ashley Key-West is $1,100 & didn't feel bad, but it didn't wow me.

The iComfort is soft enough, but I have no idea what the density is nor am I sold on it supporting my back. It's a few hundred more than the Ashley I believe.

I have not been able to find any reviews on the Ashley-Sleep models.

I'm hoping a few folks can chime in and help me decide. This is harder than shopping for a car.

I also want to buy memory foam pillows so feel free to chime in on that too, but mainly concerned w/the mattress here. So far, I like the Tempur "Symphony" pillow, but I need a queen or king size.

Re: Tempur-Pedic vs Ashley-Sleep vs iComfort?
Reply #2 Jul 14, 2011 9:40 AM
iComfort reviews are pretty hard to come by at this early stage of their lifespan, but see my comments on 'icomfort request for advice' thread.

The first night went fine on mine - no neck or backaches (I don't have any to begin with), no odor, I might a been a touch warmer at some points of the night, but it was not a problem (definitely not to hot to sleep or sweaty, nothing like that).  Only time will tell how durable it is.

Re: Tempur-Pedic vs Ashley-Sleep vs iComfort?
Reply #3 Jul 14, 2011 10:08 AM
edit
This message was modified Jul 14, 2011 by tompa

Recent Posts